Recruitment Data Protection Policy
Using this Policy
This Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis upon which Blutrust – including Blutrust Chartered Accountants LLP, Blutrust Corporate Services Pte. Ltd., Chiang’s Business Consultants Pte. Ltd. and CA Business Consultants Sdn. Bhd. (“we”, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of job applicants in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). This Policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organizations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1.0 Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to all persons who have applied for any such position with us (“job applicants”) and all references to “employment” shall apply equally to internships and traineeships (as may be applicable).
2.0 Personal Data
- As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a job applicant who can be identified: (a) from that data or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- If you are a job applicant, personal data which we may collect includes, without limitation, your:
- Name (as per your passport), NRIC/FIN or passport number, date of birth, nationality, country and city of birth
- Mailing address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address and other contact details;
- Resume, educational qualification, professional qualifications and certifications and employment references;
- Employment and training history
- Work-related health issues and disabilities
- Names, occupations and place of occupation of your immediate family (immediate refers to mother, father, siblings)
- Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
3.0 Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- We will collect personal data that either, 1) you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with job application with us, or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after (i) you or your authorized representative have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected and (ii) you or your authorized representative have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes or 2) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
- If you are a job applicant, your personal data will be collected and used by us for the following purposes and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the organization and
- Verifying your identity and accuracy of your personal details and other information provided
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
4.0 Withdrawing Consent By Job Applicants
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. If you are a job applicant, you may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general we shall seek to process and effect your request within 14 days of receiving it.
- Consequently, if you have already started work within the company and wish to withdraw disclosure of your personal data, it will be considered a withdrawal of the job application – resignation from your job. Please be informed that you are required to reimburse us with a fee – up to the Management’s discretion.
- Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 10 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
5.0 Access To And Correction Of Personal Data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
6.0 Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes
7.0 Data Protection Order
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name: Debra Yeo
Email : gs.mo1588273184c.ac@1588273184arbed1588273184
8.0 Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
- This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued employment and participation in our recruitment process constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date: 29/03/2018
Last updated: 29/03/2018